Sunday, April 24, 2022

Found

 

I recently read the statement, "God reveals Himself to a people that aren't even looking for Him." I thought about that for days.  Thinking of the “in and out” relationship the people of Israel had with God.  Soon I placed myself in the people category. Frankly I too wasn't looking for God at the age of sixteen, but yet there HE WAS! I was lost and didn't know it. Found by a God I wasn't even looking for.  God tells the folks through Isaiah, "I revealed Myself to those who did not ask for Me; I was found by those who did not seek Me” (Isaiah 65:1). 

Remember good old Abe?  He settled in the land of Haran, God told him to move on and go to a land He would show him.  Abram wasn't looking to move let alone looking for God.  Abram was busy, looking elsewhere, he wasn't looking for God.  Yet there He was—looking at Abram. 

How many of us too weren't looking?  We were busy elsewhere.  Thank You God for making Yourself known, seen and heard.  Thank You that even when we weren't aware of our lostness, YOU revealed Yourself.  

Found.


No comments: