Sunday, June 28, 2020

Voluntarily Lifting

This week in our women’s study we looked at King David’s Psalm 23:2, “He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.” We were taken to Matthew 11:28-30, paralleling 'leading and surrendering' principles. “Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens and I will give you rest. Take My yoke
upon you. Let Me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you
will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy to bear, and t
he burden I give you is light.” (NLT). Additional yoking notes: When fitting the ox with the yoke, it is BEST that the ox raises its head up into the yoke for the most comfortable and easy fit. This comes with time and trust, that the animal is willing to voluntarily lift their head to the master. If the yoke is forced down, the fit could cause irritation, causing the ox to lean, favoring one side, and not working with partnered ox at full potential. Jesus says, "Take My yoke... for My yoke is easy to bear." May we rise up into His yoke and allow His ‘making’ and ‘leading’.

No comments: