Tuesday, May 12, 2020

If


Details.  "IF you make the Most High your dwelling ... THEN no harm will befall you...BECAUSE he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name." Psalm 91:9-10,14 (emphasis mine). I SO appreciate the 'IFs' of the Bible. We must take notice of their presence. Then step back slightly to see the context and look for the response. There is ALWAYS more to the IF. "If you are telling the truth ... If you make an altar of stone...If you do not obey...If you turn away...If you go with me...If you are afraid...If He calls you...If you fear the Lord...If you hear His voice...If you love those who love you...If you do not forgive men...If I only touch His cloak...If You are willing...Lord, if it’s You...If you have faith." Just to name of few of the 1780+ times IF is mentioned in scripture.  Taking notice of the detailed God story.

No comments: